Sunday, May 3, 2009

Stormclouds and Rainbows

As you know, we had a tremendous thunderstorm sweep through our area yesterday. I usually do not post two blogs in one day, but I was just going through my photos of the storm...and found these! The sun looked so strange I clicked a picture of it. Here it is--have you ever seen anything like this before? I can't say I have.

The sun looked so eery and full of color. I knew I was seeing something unusual, but the sun was so bright I couldn't look straight at it. The camera caught what I was seeing better than I saw it.

Here is another angle of the sun's stormy rainbow.

This is a taste of the indigo blue of the storm clouds which roiled overhead, then smacked the earth with their fury. Unexpected it was. Thanks for putting up with two blogs from me in one day! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!


4 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

I would put up with something like this any day! Wow. Wish I could have seen it first hand. Strange and turbulent, yet inviting.

Cedar ... said...

sun spots? sun dogs? I've heard of both. I think the dogs are more vertical lines on each side of the sun. All due to the light shining through the water drops or ice crystals. Very eerie!

Clytie said...

We got the same storm as you did, just a while later. Shortly before it let loose, the clouds were so heavy and black that it looked like nighttime!

Beautiful pictures, sissie. I wish I had gotten some, but was in the car during the deluge.

Sharon Kugler said...

Those clouds are fabulous! Real poster material, or a full-size wall mural of that would be great...