Thursday, July 16, 2009

Celestial

Last night my husband cut up a big watermelon and we all went outside to feast on that sweetness. Overhead the clouds swirled and swooshed. What a beautiful sight! I caught this unusual cloud formation in the sky over our back fence.

DADDY UPDATE: Dad is still doing well, but is now having some severe panic attacks where he is afraid and thinks he is going to die. It is worse in the evening and at night. Mom thinks it is something called Sundowner's Syndrome. These frightening attacks seem to have their roots in memories from his time in WW2 when he was a prisoner of war in Nazi Germany. It may be a result of his meds, they will re-evaluate this today and hopefully he will not have these fearful moments. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Cedar said...

Beth,... glad to hear that your father is still doing well. I will vote for the meds being the root of his panic attacks. When my father was in hospital years ago and had some pain meds he haullucinated that the doctors and nurses had a gambling ring in the next room and people were going and coming and placing bets. He made us go check and of course there were only other patients there, no poker games or bookies there.

Clytie said...

Beautiful cloud formations! I enlarged to look closer ... the weird spirally spike at the bottom could be titled "Eyelash"? Beautiful photo. Is the watermelon all gone? Did you save me any? Tee hee.

I too am thinking it is the meds. He's had issues with them before, and refused to take them because of the way they made him feel.

Beth Niquette said...

I like that, Sissy! Eyelash! It is an odd formation, isn't it. Tch tch tch. (grin) How clever you are! ((hugs))

Wendy said...

I saw an indian dancer, looking at him from the back. The kind with a turban and fancy pointed slippers. When I enlarged it, he was gone, but I did see the eyelash.

Poor Dad. Sundowning is the term given to patients with dementia, who for unknown reasons get worse late afternoon and evening. There are many theories as to why, but no one really knows.
But, I suppose we are more tired later in the day, so any symptoms become worse then.

I think I would agree with everyone else and blame the meds. Hope he can get off them soon.
Hugs