Sunday, August 30, 2009

A New Beginning


This gorgeous sunrise is in honor of the new life my sister and her wonderful husband will be begnning today. This morning my youngest sister is getting married. I am so happy for Leigh, and for little Malaya, who gets to have her "Daddoo" for keeps.

Dad will be able to walk Leigh up the aisle. He will walk using his cane. Then when he's given my darling sister away, we'll have the wheelchair and oxygen ready.

Thank you for your prayers for Dad. He has had a very discouraging week, and is getting frustrated with the neck brace he has to wear--it is giving him nightmares. I would appreciate your prayers for him this coming week. It is so hard for him to be away from home for so long. But his place has to be prepared before he can go back. Pray we get it all done quickly so Dad and Mom can go to their beloved homeplace.

7 comments:

Looking to the Stars said...

Congrats to your sis! I'm glad your dad is going to be able to walk her down the aisle. As always your family has our thoughts and prayers :)

Cedar ... said...

I'm so happy your father is well enough to do this. What good news. I'm sure he's discouraged, who wouldn't be? Holding him in my thoughts....

Deann said...

Best wishes to your sister and blessings for Dad and all.
Time travels at a snails pace in times of trial...but this too shall pass. In the mean time know that you are remembered in my and many prayers.

Nina said...

What a glorious day! God truly performs miracles every day. May He continue to heal your parents and guide them in their daily lives. May Blessings be with you and your family while you prepare the house for the return home. May God grant you and yours much Love, Joy, and Happiness today and always. And may He grant you Peace and Healing Grace now and always. Love and Light, Nina P.

Deann said...

I hope everything is alright with my two sisters it's awful quiet on your end...Love you, Sissydea

Sharon Kugler said...

Hope it will lift your father's spirits to walk your sister down the aisle. How could it not?

Dewdrop said...

I call my step-father... Dadou. I made the name up when I was 6.

Lovely shot!