Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ice Feathers

The other night we had our first taste of frost. For years I've tried to catch the beautiful feathered designs spread across the window glass of my car. Here is the result of my most recent attempt. The colors and design are just exquisite! The ice faeries did a glorious job, didn't they?

If you look closely, I think you can see the profile of a little bluebird, complete with wings outspread in front of him. (grin) I know, I know--I have a GREAT imagination!

7 comments:

Lois said...

Yes you do have a wonderful imagination! That is pretty.

Woman in a Window said...

I love the ice like that. Always a new dazzling scene to take in.

xo
erin

~Cheryl said...

Waaaay beautiful! I think I would never be able to capture the frost ... I shiver too much!

Cedar ... said...

Yes,... I see the bird! that's a lovely image, so peaceful, would make a great framed wall poster.

Anonymous said...

These designs are excellent. And I don't think we humans could duplicate them.

Clytie said...

I see the bluebird! I also see a beautiful leaf ... awesome, sissie.

solange said...

Cute picture ... Love how you capture the ice and the color...
solange