Sunday, February 28, 2010

Little Friend

I was walking along the river last week when this small brown bird began to whistle his distinctive springtime call. I answered the little fellow in kind, so he kept getting closer and closer--close enough for me to take his picture.

Suddenly he seemed to realize I was not a bird and whistled a sound scolding before flitting away. But a few minutes later, he was back--I guess he liked the idea of talking to a human. We had the most interesting conversation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is also a song sparrow. There is another sparrow that looks very much the same as mine and it is called a fox sparrow and it looks like mine and yours. Either way they are both nice birds to have been able to photograph.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

How cute! Because you are interested in arts, please have a look here STAR!!

Clytie said...

What a wonderful experience! Cute little birdie ...

Lois said...

How cute! I went for a walk yesterday by a lake and I was amazed at all the little yellow rumped warblers flitting around. I also saw some red winged blackbirds. They were all quite noisy and I enjoyed myself and them immensely!

Cedar ... said...

Doesn't it make you wonder what you were saying? :)