Saturday, October 27, 2012

Glory Light


Thursday I was visiting my parents and just before lunch Sissy and I took a walk.  The forest was beautiful, almost ethereal.  For the first time ever, I was able to capture the feel and magic of this place. 

Looking at those pictures now--it is almost as though the beauty I caught was a small bit of heaven's glory. 

Dad had a major stroke that afternoon.  Sissy and I were talking with him, he wanted me to read a couple of westerns, he handed me one of the books and then started to growl.  His eyes were wandering, his mouth sagged, he tried to talk and couldn't.  He couldn't lift his right arm and kept trying to get up, so Sissy and I held him steady in the chair while Mom called 911.  

He is in the hospital now.  The prognosis isn't very good.  I would appreciate your prayers for our Dad and for our Mom and family.  There has been so much heartache lately.

There is a hush in the air--heaven's glory light awaits our Daddy soon, I think.  Ah, our hearts are breaking.

I love you, Daddy.

Sissy Clytie said it best,  "So many people from around the world are directing their thoughts and prayers toward Dad and Mom; and our entire family. My heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you."

4 comments:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Life is about a journey, it begins and ends. Prayers will help us through the journey.....

travel ufo said...

nice journey .keep it up

Al said...

I am sorry to hear this, my prayers will be directed your way.

Clytie said...

Your shot does seem to reflect the glory of the woods that day.

I visited Dad this morning and there is a marked improvement. I think it's because he knows he's being transferred to the VA!!