Monday, January 4, 2016

Puzzle Ice! -I Heart Macro


Yesterday I drove through the Great Columbia Gorge in a snow and ice storm.  The ice followed me all the way home.  This morning I awoke to a quiet world, crackling with ice.

My precious Grandfather would say this storm was a Silver Thaw.  What a pretty name.  When I was a child such storms were magical.  One could pull away an entire ice leaf, perfect in every detail, from the tree.  Of course, ice leaves taste wonderful!  Yes, I tasted one--and the magic of childhood is still there.

The ice is melting now, and as it does it begins to define each droplet where it first froze--making patterns which look like gorgeous puzzles.

This one was so pretty I wanted to share it with you.

Have a lovely week, dear Friends!

http://www.shinethedivinecreativityisaspiritualpractice.com/

1 comment:

Laura said...

Beautiful Beth! Thanks so much for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro <3