Thursday, September 9, 2010

Heart in Nut - Guest Heart Thursday


The black walnuts haven't begun their fall ploppings--though the squirrels are going nuts carrying them to and fro.  With their bright green coverings, they are quite large.  It is hard to see how the squirrels are able to carry the walnuts in their teeth the way they do!

Every year I pull up myriads of small trees, left from where the squirrels hid them for winter.  Yes, they do hide them just the way the books say. 

As you see, here is a half shell--with a perfect heart--one of the small black walnuts one can find within the larger covering. 

For more wonderful heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday.


8 comments:

Clytie said...

I love this beautiful black walnut heart. I have a picture very similar to this one that i took when I was at your house on July 4th. I wonder if it was the same nut??? Thank you so much for sharing this heart on Guest Heart Thursday!

JayLeigh said...

Oh, I really like your picture. It's such a great heart. I enjoyed reading about it, too.

Al said...

That is a perfect heart. Are all the walnuts like that, or is this unusual?

Dani said...

super lovely.

Hugs,
D

'Tsuki said...

Great heart... So unexpected... Thanks for the lovely sharing.

Limarea said...

What a perfect, beautiful heart! :)

Lyneen said...

FANTASTIC heart... TFS

Laura said...

I missed this last week. What a wonderful find!