Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wooden Mushrooms


Well, they aren't really made of wood!  Though at first glance it almost seems they might be.  Note the water in the middle is in the shape of a heart.


My Friend Linda and I found them one misty afternoon, as we'd embarked on a quick walk.  She was from out of town and before they left, she wanted to see the "Curly Cue House" I had told her about.   Then a half block away, we discovered these palm-sized mushrooms.


This one looks like one of those sculpted water features!


And we did get to see the Curly Cue House, too.  See the flamingo heart?

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday.


5 comments:

Lois said...

The first two look like little birdbaths!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful - and how good you "found" them ! They could be muschroom-y Martini-Glasses, to say so.

Clytie said...

Ohmigosh, there really IS a heart inside that amazing mushroom! And the abstract water feature shroom is absolutely wonderful. I want one!

And the curly cue house ... I remember seeing the flamingo heart, and I think I even took a picture of it. It must not have turned out, because I've never found it on my camera! It sounds like you and Linda had a wonderful walk - I'm so glad you guys are my friends!

Dani said...

Wow. These are excellent hearts. The Nature is amazing.

Thank you for sharing, dear Beth.

Lyneen said...

WOW... most amazing mushrooms... I never have seen anything like them... BEAUTIFUL
Thanks for Sharing