Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blossom Tea


My darling Friend Lynn introduced me to Blossom Tea last week.  It starts out as a dry, tightly pressed ball about the size of a large marble.  When boiling water is added it begins to bloom--as you can see above.


Then suddenly a string of blossoms pops up from the larger bloom.  It was the prettiest thing I've seen in a long time, and the tea was delicious.


This is a closeup shot of the lower bloom.  I thought the bubbles gathering on the petals of the tea blossom were lovely.

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Ooooooh! I must find some of this tea! Did she say where she found it? Mom would LOVE this!

P.S. it's gorgeous ... and did you notice the hearts in that second shot???? Wow!

Al said...

That tea looks amazing - I'd love to see it flower like that.

Thanks for the tip on the Ultimate Blog Party. I'm not sure if I should post there, as I'm definitely a Dad rather than a Mom :)

Ann said...

This tea is the coolest! I gave some as a gift last Christmas and its so much fun to brew. Love your site; found it through UBP11.