Friday, September 9, 2011

Tulip Tree Heart


Here is the lovely flowerings, of what we affectionately call a Tulip Tree.  I took this beautiful heart-shaped photo last Spring.  This has been the strangest summer.  These lovely blossoms usually bloom in early Spring.  But just yesterday I found tulip flowers nestling in the leaves of the Tree.  I've never seen tulip tree blossoms and leaves together before.  It was the one moment I didn't have my camera, so you'll have to use your imagination! 

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday!

3 comments:

~Cheryl said...

What lovely shades of pink as well as a neat heart. It was a strange spring, and I'm loving this fall-ish (foolish?) heat!

Clytie said...

What a beautiful pastel ... heart! I agree about our weird weather year. I was picking blackberries the other day and found dried berries, ripe berries, red berries, green berries and BLOSSOMS - all on the same branch.

Wendy said...

What a pretty tulip tree heart. Sometimes in autumn our spring bulbs come up. That only happens if we have an unusually warm (or hot) spell. It looks so strange, as if spring has arrived, rather than fall.