Friday, April 6, 2012

Playground Reflections - Weekend Reflections


After the rainiest record in written history, March has turned into April.  Once again there is flooding--though not as bad as the flood earlier this year.  The waters nip the edges of the parking lot...


...seeping across the lawns and into the play area.  These stepping stairs look rather like plump mushrooms.

There is something unexpectedly beautiful about this flood--the standing waters seem to reflect both past and present.

Soon the river will recede and children will play here again.  Until that time, we reflect upon warmer days to come.

To see more wonderful reflections from around the world, visit James at Weekend Reflections!

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I do hate to hear about the flood, but you got some fantastic reflections! A little good in almost everything -- just have to look harder sometimes! Hope you have a great, dry weekend!

Sylvia

Catherine said...

what a great sequence - lovely colours in your reflections....

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

You have floods. We are wondering if ever it will properly rain.

Al said...

If I was a kid I'd want to play in that flooded playground - nice shots! We need some serious rain or snow here, it's been dangerously dry.

Dimple said...

You have visual poetry here, complete with rhythm and rhyme.

Blessings!

Unknown said...

I have a photo that is perfect for this post title. I was taking a picture of my granddaughter blowing bubbles and when I viewed the photo on my computer screen I saw a giant bubble floating over my garden. I cropped the bubble and this is what I got
http://pinterest.com/artworksbydiane/
(sorry you will have to copy and paste, having trouble making the link active)

The pin is the bubble in my 'creative' category.