Thursday, September 19, 2013

Heart Petals -Guest Heart Thursday


This is a petal from an old fashioned rose bush.  It is such a fragrant flower--as are most antique roses.  This one once graced the garden of our Great Grandmother.  I like to think that she would have loved this flower blooming so beautiful and fragrant next to the pond in Mumsie's yard.


The petals are so perfectly heart-shaped I thought them perfect for Guest Heart Thursday!


For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday.

2 comments:

Clytie said...

It is perfect, sissie. I love the scent of those old roses too ... the newer ones just can't outdo them!

Maria said...

I agree with Clytie, perfect! I haven't seen rose petal that is as close to this heart-shaped one.