Sunday, October 5, 2014

Glad Foxgloves in the Forest


Last Spring, my darling husband Alan and I were on our way back from celebrating our 31st anniversary.  When I saw these growing near the forest, I had to stop to take a picture.

I love foxgloves.  When I was a child, my sisters and I would put them on the ends of our fingers and pretend we were grand ladies wearing beautiful pink gloves.  Of course, we were warned not to eat any part of the flower as it was poisonous. It is my understanding digitalis is made from foxgloves.  Used in the right way, digitalis saves lives. There is so much to learn about the dangerous beauty of nature.

My prayer for you today, dear friends is on the side of beauty.  That in the mist of danger and trials, you will find that incredible beauty, gladness and hope are yours.

To grant those who mourn in Zion, 
Giving them a garland instead of ashes, 
The oil of gladness instead of mourning, 
The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. 
So they will be called oaks of righteousness, 
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.  
~Isaiah 61:3


1 comment:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Beautiful flowers. Inspiring words. God bless you today, friend.
Hugs,
Teresa