Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Beauty of a Raindrop


The entire world can be reflected in a raindrop, only it is upside down! This is one of my favorite water drop photos.  I have always loved the way raindrops tremble like jewels on trees, grass and flowers.

When I see the beauty of nature, I am in awe of the God who made made it.  Space with its galaxies is huge and far flung--infinitely so.   I have pondered how a Creator, Who could make an entire universe, could possibly be interested in my life.

But then I look at the raindrop--and I am reminded of the equally endless microscopic world which we cannot see. 

We are between those two infinite worlds.  I am in awe as I realize the Creator knows every molecule of my being...He knows my thoughts, He walks with me through my life, and He loves me.

Of course He is interested in every aspect of my life--and of your life.  It is a thought worth considering.

O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, You know it all.
You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?

If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,"
Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are alike to You.
For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.

I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.
~Psalm 139:1-18

God bless you, dear ones--you are close to my heart and always in my prayers. 

No comments: