Friday, February 23, 2018

Icy Shamrocks


I have always loved clover.  This curl of leaves is bedecked with ice crystals, smiling and sparkling in the morning sun.  Some call this sweet little plant a shamrock--a name from our Irish heritage.  The shamrock is firmly established as the most instantly recognizable emblem of Ireland. It is said to bring good luck, and is usually included in the bouquet of an Irish bride. St. Patrick was said to use the three leaves as a way to explain God.

I adore these lovely little leaves--they grow in my yard and the bees feast on their blossoms throughout Spring and Summer.

I am a friend of the bees and always endeavor to plant flowers they love.

Happy St. Patrick's Day--I know this is a bit early, as that holiday is celebrated on March 17th, still--with Spring's arrival, with its joyous sunshine and bursting of everything green--I am celebrating a little early!

Blessings and joy to you!

No comments: