Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Springtime Herald

The sun came out yesterday bringing forth the flowers and me with my camera. What better herald of spring than this miniature daffodil smiling shyly through the morning dewdrops! I think she has a boyfriend--notice she coyly hugs the stem of the budding flower next to her.

There will be more of them soon--we are to have three days of sunshine in the mid-60's. Amazing. But enjoyable...though I would have loved to have seen a little winter snow before the cold season ends.

Have a marvelous week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your flower looks promising. We got sun but not enough to melt the snow yet.

Clytie said...

Beautiful! I want to grab it and smell it!

Cedar ... said...

Love it,.... we won't see them here for another 2.5 months!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous! I love daffodils - they're so cheerful! I think you'd better keep your eye on Miss Daffy here - she may look shy, but just wait until your back is turned! LOL!

Lois said...

It's glorious! Thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth, thank you for visiting my Blog.How lovely that you already have your Daffodils blooming outside ! Mine are only about 3-4 inches high - far from opening their faces. But soon ! I love the pictures you take - stunningly beautiful ! kind regards, Martina