Saturday, February 23, 2019

Ocean Song


When we visited the beach for a week this past January, we were in for a treat.  It was shirtsleeve weather--sunny with temperatures in the mid-60's.  I sat for hours on the beach watching the waves of the Pacific Ocean, listening to their song.

I have only captured its beauty in part here--the waves were magnificently huge offshore, rushing upon the beach to splash in a playful fury at my feet.


I can imagine all kinds of things in this beautiful wave...what do you see?  I love the idea that the ocean claps its hands in glee.  If you watch and listen closely, you can see the dance and hear their songs of joy as they sing to their Creator. 

Psalm 98:8, 9  Let the waves clap their hands in glee and the hills sing out their songs of joy before the Lord, for he is coming to judge the world with perfect justice.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love, love, love the ocean! The power, how she pulls me in! Lucky you to have spent time in her company, letting the waves soothe you and eat your feet. LOL.

Ok, that last bit just came to me.

I see a whale's tail in the last pic.