Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Body Snatcher Plant

I came across these odd looking pods while driving along a country road. My son, well used to the odd behavior of his mother when it comes to flowers, clouds and other interesting diversions, was quite tolerant as I slammed to a stop in the gravel, to leap from the car, camera in hand, to take a picture of this wonderful oddity.

I have since discovered these pods unfold into white star-shaped blossoms commonly called "Cow flowers."

Personally I think they resemble those pods from the Body Snatcher Movie.

WATCH OUT! THE ALIENS ARE COMING!!!


.

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Honey, the aliens done took over the earth years ago, didn't you know? That whole Elvis thing?

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, hahahahaa...(guffaw) You are so CUTE, Sissy!

Deann said...

Wish I had a plant like that in my garden, I'd sic it on the bind weed and white top. If I stop writing you'll know that the bind weed finally strangled me in my bed.
I love these pictures, the cat is a caution, you babes are the best! I'm so happy to be related to you two somewhere down the line. ~ Deann