Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's Been a Long, Hard Winter

Yes, as you might imagine, there's a story behind this interesting photo!

Every few weeks I get to brown bag it for lunch with my youngest sister, who works at a local mortuary. We often eat with the maintenance guys, who are just plain fun. There's a reason for their wonderful humor--I think these great fellas must have a certain brave, cheerful constitution to do the job they do! The grounds sparkle with their hard work.

The last time I visited, I noticed their gloves drying beside the woodstove. I was struck by the various attitudes exhibited by each one. The sight filled my eyes and made me laugh.

I asked the fellas what they'd call these pictures--smiling they said, "A long hard winter." They're going to be receiving a signed, matted, framed copy of each for their wall.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth - this made me smile ! The gloves are great in their expressions - what a "find" - regards, Martina

cieldequimper said...

Excellent find, the gloves are very expressive!

Clytie said...

Wonderful - how absolutely unique!

Garden Lily said...

Really neat. I especially like the second photo, which doesn't provide any context, and just begs the question "Why?"

~Cheryl said...

I had no idea those were gloves in the first photo! Grabby ole guys but with a lot of personality!

Deann said...

Sissy Bea, That is just funny wonderful...gloves have great stories hidden in them, after my Father-in-law died we had his beaten, worn and duct taped work gloves framed because they were so represntative of his life.
These picture are just great and I know they will be cherished.

Lois said...

I'll say it again Beth, you have a great eye!

Louis la Vache said...

(GRIN!)