Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pastel Perfection

Yesterday evening, our area was sideswiped by a huge thunderstorm. I was fascinated by the twisted jagged clouds crackling their way across the skies. I noticed the clouds were moving from the East toward the ocean. Our weather almost exclusively comes from the west, or southwest. It was such a strange, uneasy feeling to watch clouds flowing across the horizon in the opposite direction than what is normal.

Then as twilight fell, pink and purple hues stained the clouds with such a vivid beauty, I grabbed my camera and went for a walk. I could not believe the beauty I beheld. This Pastel Perfection is only a small taste of last evening's gorgeous display.

5 comments:

Deann said...

Oooo gorgous photos Sis, I love them both! The dark clouds look so ominous, and the twilight colors you captured indeed perfection.
We have been getting lots of weather here too. The clouds have been miles high and fantasic, I was wishing you were here with your magic camera.

Clytie said...

You bum! I watched the storm via radar and nearly called you a few minutes before it hit you, but sanity prevailed. We wanted it here so bad, but it missed our area by a long shot.

Beautiful pictures, sissie. Pastel Perfection is a perfect title.

Clytie said...

P.S., did you notice there is a jagged, stormy heart in the first photo? Beautiful!

Beth Niquette said...

I did not notice that, Sissy! thanks for pointing that out! I hear we are in for some more storms today--Oh, I am hoping. We heard a few growls, but no visible lightning...I think we only caught the edges of the storm.

Cedar ... said...

nice cloud shots. I'm afraid I'd be snapping off shots every few seconds with a sky like that!